Thursday, June 14, 2007

Days 12,13,14

I know, I know. I'm behind. But its a good behind. It's cause I got my mojo back! I've been on a little creative kick lately and it feels good to let out my built up creative energy. I'm not an artist but I drew some handbag designs that turned out pretty good. I'm no graphic artist but I designed and created the flyer for the party I'm throwing and it's pretty hot. And I've been introduced to people who can get my finances on track and I'm no Bill Gates but I'm on my way. Ha! So that was the extent of my past few days. Working, inspiration, and such. I woke up at like 3:30 AM Tuesday morning, turned on my computer and was working on designs. Just the hours I use to keep in college. Maybe its the Flavor-Aid (I also discovered that "Grape" or "Purple" is the best Flavor-Aid flavor). I feel enlightened. No pictures, I'll post the flyer later and feel free to give me your input but just know that I'm sensitive about my crafts. But, I do need to catch up what's going on in Judges. I TiVo'd it and it should be right where I left it :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay, Chapter 12 of Judges is uber-short dealing with the Ephraimites complaining to Jephthah that he didn't call them when he defeated the people of Ammon (they said the same thing to Gideon--shouldn't that tell them something?) but Jephthah took over them too and judged Israel for 6 years and was followed by 3 other judges. Now Chapter 13 gets to familiar territory. The children of Israel did what was evil in the Lord's sight and they were delivered to the Philistines for forty years but they didn't even cry out-for they had become content with living under foreign domination. It begins that story of Samson. Samson was born to a barren woman who had no children. An angel of the Lord came to her and told her that she would have a son and that no razor shall come upon his head and he shall begin to deliver Israel out of the hand of the Israelites. When the woman bore Samson, the child grew and the Lord blessed him. And the Spirit of the Lord began to move upon him. So then, Chapter 14 outlines the sinful marriage of Samson. He saw a woman in Timnah of the daughters of the Philistines and told his parents that she pleased him and to go and get her for him (which was the custom). They were like--is there no woman of your own people that you have to go get a wife from the uncircumcised Philistines? So they went with him to talk with her. On the way, a lion came roaring against Samson and he tore the lion with his hands and didn't tell his parents about it. When they went back to get the girl, they passed by the lion and Samson saw the carcass of the lion with a swarm of bees and honey in it. Samson took some of the honey, ate it and gave some to his parents to eat. Samson threw a feast with the girls people. They brought 30 companions a Samson composed a riddle for them to answer at the end of the 7 day feast. They didn't know the answer and they told Samson's wife to entice Samson to explain the riddle so that they wouldn't have to give Samson garments and clothing. So Samson's wife asked and wept on him for seven days and so he explained the riddle because she pressed him so much. Then the sons of her people answered the riddle correctly and he gave them what he told them he would and he was angry and he went back to his father's house and his wife was given to his companion, who had been his best man.
Now Samson was a strong man, but women were his cryptonite! I wonder how his story would have turned out if he would have married a woman of his people from the beginning instead of getting involved with these other randomness. What did I learn? The people you choose to associate with have a bearing on your future so choose wisely! Amen!

No comments: