Monday, June 11, 2007

****The 11th Day****

Today was work and more work. That was the extent of my day. I also got a chance to work on the flyer for my birthday party--and it looked ok for a non-graphic designer. I cooked some Fettucini Alfredo with Salmon. It was umm, umm, good! I know it's blurry, and my other pics were dark, but it just can't be me--it must be the camera. I gots to get a new one :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 11 of Judges: So Jephthah, the Giledite was a "mighty man of valor, but he was the son of a harlot". Gilead was his father. and Gilead's wife's sons grew up and drove Jephthah out of the house. Jephthah went to the lad of Tob and hooked up with worthless men and raided with them. The people of Ammon made war with Israel and the elders of Gilead went to get Jephthah from Tob and asked him to be their commander. He was like--didn't you hate me and expel me from my father's house, and now you come to me when you are in distress. They were like yes. Jephthah went with them because they promised to make him their head if the Lord delivered the people of Ammon to him. Jephthah found out that the reason Ammon wanted to fight was becuase Israel took away their land when they came up out of Egypt. Jephthah asked several kings could he pass through their land but they wouldn't let him. And Sihon fought against Israel and the Lord delivered Sihon to Israel and they took possession of their land. Jephthah sent word to the king of the people of Ammon but he did not heed his words. Then the Spirit of the Lord came upon Jephthah and he passed through different lands and advanced toward the people of Ammon. Then Jephthah made a vow: "If You will indeed deliver the people of Ammon into my hands, then it will be that whatever comes out of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the people of Ammon, shall surely be the Lord's and I will offer it up as a burnt offering" (but he didn't have to make this vow b/c the Spirit of the Lord had already empowered him and victory was already his--he spoke rashly) And the Lord delivered the people of Ammon into his hands. And when Jephthah came to his house, his daughter came out to meet him, she was his only child, and he tore his clothes but she and he both knew he wouldn't go back on his word. She asked that she could be left alone for two months with her friends in the mountains for she was a virgin and would die with no husband or child which was considered a great tragedy in ancient times. She came back a virgin and her father carried out his vow.(She took it well, I would have been very mad with my father) And the daughters of Israel went four days each year to commemorate his daughter.

No comments: