Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Day 4--Sleepyhead!

Okay. I'm not sure what it was but last night, I was sooo sleepy . I usually turn in around 1 or 2 or later but I was out by 11pm. I think it was the many meals I had yesterday. I cooked pancakes and eggs for breakfast, stopped home after my afternoon meeting and had the last of my chicken fettuccine for lunch, then went to the office, a surprise birthday dinner, and made sloppy joes for dinner (I had two and they were sooo good!). So maybe I was very content with my productive filled day. Let me back up for a second. Yes I did go to a birthday dinner and yes I did eat sloppy joe afterward. Is she that greedy? You may ask. Well, I am a hungry child but I didn't eat at the dinner. Was I trying to be cute? Umm, no. I don't have to try to be cute :). I arrived early and left right after everyone sat down. Why? Just another page my "temporarily insufficent funds" book! Right now, I am on a super strict budget and random semi-expensive meals did not make the list. Just to make sure my credit card wouldn't be enticed by the lovely looking desserts, I left my wallet in the car. I made a cameo appearance took pics and bounced. Pics a little blurry but I'm working on stepping my camera game up.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Judges Chapter 4 is very interesting and quite eventful. It starts again with the children of Israel doing what was evil in God's sight and they were sold to Jakin, a king of Canaan, where they stayed for 20 years (I noticed how their oppression years get longer and longer each time they disobey) and of course they cried to the Lord for help. Deborah, a prophetess, wife of Lappidoth, was leading Israel at the time. She sent for Barak (I found this interestingly ironic though the presidental candidate spell his "Barack" but still ironic) and told him what God had commanded him, take an army to go against Sisera (commander of King Jabin's army) and the Lord will deliver him into his hands. Then Mr.Barak told Deborah that he wouldn't go unless she went. (Huh?? He threw me off with this one...I guess Barak wanted some company or something but Deborah cut all thoughts short!) Deborah was like alright, I'll go but because of this, the Lord will hand Sisera over to the hands of a woman! (Girl Power! I guess Barak didn't have much faith, even though Deborah, a prophet told him that the Lord had already gone ahead of him. Not going unless she go--huh???) Well, Barak with after Sisera and all his chariots and God routed Sisera and his army right into the hands of Barak and Barak and his people killed all of Sisera's army. Meanwhile, Sisera fled on foot and ran to the tent of Jael, Heber the Kenite because there was peace between Heber and King Jabin. He asked her for water and she gave him milk. Then Sisera asked her to tell anyone who stopped by and asked if there is anyone here "No". Ha! Wrong Answer! Jael took a tent peg and hammer, went softly to him and drove the peg through his temple into the ground and he died. These women were no joke! Understanding that in those brutal times, the delicate and indecisive didn't survive, these people were nothing to play with. I'm glad I'm living over here in the new covenant! All that blood and gore and dust and dirt had to be terrible on their shoes! What's a girl to do??

No comments: