Tuesday, June 5, 2007

All the Way Live...Day 5

Yeah, well yesterday, I failed to mention that planned to test drive the car I want but I'm probably going to have to do that Friday or Sunday. When I drove my mom's car back to her on Sunday and realized how much it had the "shakes" I got a little determined to replace it for her. Clearly, this is going to take some planning and a lot of work (if you send me a client, you will get a $500 referral fee when they close on their home!) My plan is to save up some money, sell her car, turn over the car I drive to her and buy me another car with cash. Why cash? I don't want a car note. I've been listening to Dave Ramsey and I'm really working on becoming debt free asap with the exception of my real estate--even to work on paying that off early. I plan on paying off and letting go of the credit cards (they are the devil!) and paying cash for everything. If I can't afford it with cash--oh well! Small sacrifice on the road to my "financial position to retire at 30 and my business is doing so good and I'm having so much fun" goal. But the way I'm planning, I plan on being able to afford "it" whatever "it" may be soon. (Sorry all applications for friends have been taken and all positions filled so if you don't know me by now--holla!) I know paying cash for a car may help me to become more realistic about my next car, but I'm hoping to come across some joe smo with a really nice luxury car in superb shape and little mileage that he just has to get off his hands before his wife finds out that he bought yet another toy. (If you know of this guy, feel free to give him my card so that we can talk business). I also know that if I continue on this cash kick each car will get better and better so *no worries*
I got a lead on someone interested in renting out one of my properties so I know I'll have a buyer (or renter but hoping for buyer) soon. If you know of someone who is looking for affordable Marietta 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath, lake, swim, tennis, quite community living, let me know!
Since moving to my spot, I've discovered something new--"Sav-A-Lot"! I got a 12-packet of Flavor Aid for 80 cents! You can't beat that! Okay, Flavor Aid is not Kool-Aid by no means...it's a tad bit chalky, bland, thin, but hey, it gets the job done, so kudos to Sav-A-Lot for bringing the hottest in all edible things cheap.

On to my daily reading...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 5 of Judges is the Song of Deborah, talking about the accounts of Chapter 4. Deborah could have very well taken credit, as she played an active role in defeat of Jabin, king of Canaan and his army headed by Sisera but she sang songs giving God the glory and credit. Verses 4-5 talks about how there was a miraculously timed storm and flood that aided in the Canaanite defeat. Verse 23 speaks of a cursed Meroz community in Northern Palestine because they didn't come to the help of the Lord's people when He needed them. And Jael was blessed for her actions against Sisera (v. 24). The children of Israel had peace for 40 years.

1 comment:

*Coop* said...

Paying cash is what's up...seriously. I don't use credit anymore and I barely use debit. I try to write checks and pay cash whenever I can and NO MORE CREDIT CARDS!! Just stick to your budget and I'll be asking you for loans to finish school when you reach 30! :o)

Great blog. I'm catching up now.