Friday, June 1, 2007

Day 1

Ummm, Day 1 and I already slipped...I didn't get a chance to do my yoga due to an early meeting with some clients. We were looking at houses all over Cobb--I went to Dallas, Acworth, Smyrna, and Mableton. They saw a house they liked and hopefully they will put a contract on it. The good thing about Cobb County is that their gas is usually always cheaper than in the city of Atlanta--I found gas for $2.97! Praise God!
I did get to send out the newsletter for the National College Conference, you can sign up to receive them every other Friday or view past issues of the newsletter at www.NationalCollegeConference.com.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have you ever read Judges? (This isn't rhetorical people :) Well, I started my study of it today with Chapter 1--it was discussing the failure of Judah. Israel was really tripping but that's how we do all the time, just in different ways. But what I thought was interesting was how Aschash, Caleb's daughter just asked her father to give her "springs of water" (which was desirable in the arid South) and he gave her the upper and lower springs--not to mention the land that he already gave to her when he gave her over to marry Othniel. Bossy! But I'm trying to get to the bottom of Israel's failed conquests.
I bounced to the bible study in Lithonia, although I hesitated because I wanted to save my beloved $2.97 gas but I went anyway and I'm glad I did--we talked about Love. It was cool. Maybe because love is cool. Good food. Good people. All love. I was good. And the house was very inspirational--it was gated with a waterfall in the front and a movie theater inside. Interesting. I think God is on to something here!
Until 2morrow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I stopped by to read day 1.....Cool!!! This is a great way to release stress. I don't really think you were slipping because you actually got a lot of things done including going to bible class. That' always a blessing! Don't forget to send a prayer up for me and the little one......and Rush!!

Keanna said...

Always in my prayers! And the little one!