Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Join Me for Keanna's 21 Days of Summer. Let Me Explain...



Okay so lately, I’ve been feeling down, kinda in a slump. And then I started to worry about my slump—where did it come from, what was causing it, etc, but that didn’t make it any better, it just added to my “downess”. There have been no drastic changes in my life, I’ve been a little mundane comparatively speaking, so I was baffled. I just felt a little overwhelmed…
Then I was watching Run’s House the other day, the episode where his family throws him a party and he goes through his “mid-life crisis’, and I had an “aha” moment. It was then that I realized that I was going through a “quarter-life crisis”. My 25th birthday is coming up on June 21st and I guess I’m a little anxious and excited about it at the same time. I have been dwelling on my life, my spirituality, responsibilities, opportunities, aspirations, goals, career, business, investments, bills, bills, and more bills and the like. And I guess I felt like all of this was closing in on me when I had my breakthrough.

But, through my self-diagnosed epiphany I’ve also come up with a prescription that I’m truly excited about. It’s called Keanna’s 21 Days of Summer!
Let me explain:
My birthday, as I stated is on the 21st of June, which also happens to be the 1st day of summer, hence the “21 Days of Summer”. Each day leading to my birthday, beginning on June 1st , I will make sure that I make a significant stride in my personal goals and aspirations, either directly or indirectly. These daily doses will focus on what is important to me in life—family, friends, spirituality, relationships, business, fun, and relaxing. I have a calendar filled with my daily to-do list that will incorporate these aspects into my life my taking charge and being proactive and aggressive in activating my faith. Almost like a step-by-step program for me. I will document my 21 days and beyond and you are welcome to come along! I’m going to try to take and upload pictures as well as my daily progress. If you see something I have planned and you want to meet me, call me and we can make it happen. (I’m sharing this so that I’ll feel obligated to stick with my plan so I’m calling on my friends for support and reminders!)

Though I will involve myself with different variables each day, I will have some constants…
- I’m going to read/study the book of Judges. Why? It was 21 chapters and I will read a chapter per day; Judges is a book illustrating “what not to do” Judges tells of how Israel was constantly rebellious and how everyone did what was right in their own eyes, not in the eyes of God. It is about the people’s appeal to God in times of crisis in their failures and how God restores the land to peace and rest. It sounds pretty heavy so I may have to take a dose of Psalms after each reading.
- I will continue my exercise/yoga in the morning to keep me tight.
- Church (Sunday morning, evening, and Wednesday nights) Gots to keep it tight!

- Real Estate (keeping clients happy!)

- Lifestyles of Rush (we have great things brewing for the company so look out!)

Everything else, I’m going to plan out, organize, implement and see what God has in store.

Stay Tuned!

3 comments:

r_domonique said...

Interesting. Very, very interesting as well as inspiring. You never cease to amaze me with your innovative ideas!!! What you have done and are continuing to do is both inspiring as well as uplifting....keep doing what your doing...im proud of you! I'm going to be keeping tabs on you from time to time, not only to encourage you, but also to continue to encourage myself and those i am in contact with. Stay positive girl!

Love ya
Ro

Keanna said...

Love ya too Ro! Thanks for the encouragement!

Anonymous said...

You are the strongest person i know and i am sure whatever you are going thru, you will challenge it head on and overcome it with ease. keep ya head up and call me when u need me

i got u