Saturday, June 9, 2007

Sa-Sa-Saturday, Day Number 9

I was crunk because today was the day that I had a full day-date...with my nephew, Jalohn. Just hang out around Atlanta, just he and me. But when my brother dropped him off, he was sleep :(. He stayed sleep for quite a while and I caught up with a little work. Once he woke up, I fed him, changed him, and we were rolling. We went to Step's house were she had a big cookout with her family and friend and her fiance's family. Jalohn got hold to some bubbles and he was content. I had a good time (hot but good).



Then we had to mosey on to my mom's cause I was "hosting" her housewarming party. A lot of people came through and showed my mom love. Congrats on your spot mom--it's fabulous. Here are a few pics, including before and afters of Jalohn and of course, my study of Judges.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alright, so in the midst of Israel acting up again, Judges 9 begins with Abimelech, one of Gideon's many sons, convincing his uncles (his mother's brothers, his mother was one of Gideon's concubines) and family to reign over the family. Their heart was geared toward him and they gave him seventy shekels of silver from the temple of Baal-Berith and Abimelech "hired worhtless and reckless men; and they followed him." He went to his father's house and killed his brothers, 70 sons of Gideon (Jerubbaal) but the youngest, Jotham, was left because he hid. When Jotham was told that Abimelech was now king, he cried out saying that basically, since they allowed Abimelech to become king, they and Abimelech would end up destroying each other.
After Abimelech regined over them (the men of Shechem, the Israelites around Shechem) for 3 years, God sent a "spirit of ill will between Abimelech and the men of Shechem and the men dealt treacherously with him. This was the consequence of them killing Gideon's sons. The chapter goes on with a lot of back and forth and backstabbing between territories but Jotham's curse eventually came to pass--the men of Shechem died and so did Abimelech.

No comments: