Thursday, June 7, 2007

Day 7. Today was a Great Day! (Everyday is!)

Ha! I had a good time today. I had a 1pm meeting which was cancelled, which was cool 'cause I got another call from an old friend and we talked for over an hour which brightened my day. Then looked at a nice deal of a house on the southside, then bounced to a client's house in Palmetto where I passed by a gas station selling gas for $2.93! Please believe I made a u-turn in the street and filled up. Then I made my way downtown for the traffic/parking mess of Screen on the Green in Piedmont Park. My friend, PJ, was celebrating his birthday so a braved through about an hour's worth of driving, looking for somewhere to park, walking to the park, and finding the party. Screen on the Green is when they set up a huge screen in Piedmont Park and everyone and they momma, and drunk uncle can come sit in the park and watch a free movie. They were showing Car Wash. This was my first time going and I couldn't believe how many people were there! It good "people-watching". And "Baton Bob" was in full effect marching in his make-up, short Tu-Tu, earrings, and baton receiving a standing ovation. Only in Atlanta. I took a picture to capture the moment. PJ and friends and a great spread--chicken, chips, juice, spinach dip, crab dip, Scrabble, cards, all the good stuff. I had a great time. The pictures include cameos of PJ (aka Diddy), the infamous Nicole Garner and her boo (I think he is camera shy), lol, Ms. Kim "international" Coop and just a whole bunch of good people.

To top my day off, I was in a bind. My business partner and I wanted to enter into a handbag designer contest. We have ideas but drawing isn't one of our best talents so we called a couple of people to draw out our designs so we could enter the contest. Something happened at the last minute and they couldn't get the sketches to us and we didn't know until the day of the deadline. Well, of course, you know how God works. I called up a church friend and casually asked if he could whip up a couple of drawings for us so that we could submit something. I knew he was mad busy working on his job and stuff for the National College Conference. He confirmed his busy schedule but asked me to send him the ideas and if he can fit it in he would. I sent it to him and actually forgot about it assuming that he wouldn't be able to do it. But then I got text asking me to check my email, and behold the drawings were there! I got them in time to submit them before midnight! So be on the look-out for our designs online--I'll need you to vote on them so that we can win! Thanks a bunch to Lance who hooked up a Sister at the last minute!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay, so Judges, Chapter 6 introduced Mr.Gideon toward the end he had gathered a whole bunch of people to fight with him. In Chapter 7, the Lord told him that he had too many people for God to deliver because Israel would claim glory for itself. So He told Gideon to say, "Whoever is fearful and afraid, let him turn and depart at once from Mount Gilead." And 22,000 people left leaving 10,000 people. God was like, that's still too many. So God told Gideon to bring them down to the water and whoever laps water like a dog needs to stay and whoever gets down on his knees to drink gots to go. (Seemingly, the upright position of lapping showed correct military alertness) This test left Gideon with 300 men! Gideon was still a little afraid to fight (understandably with 300 men but with God anything is possible!) so he took his servant, Purah, down to the camp with him. (If we obey God, even if we are afraid, v.10, God gives us further assurance and encouragement v.11). The Midianites and Amalekites were lying in the valley "as numerous as locusts; and their camels were without number, as the sand by the seashore in multitude." (That's a lot!) So when Gideon got down there, he heard a man telling another about his dream that was interpreted as God delivering Midian into the sword of Gideon. When Gideon heard this, he worshiped and went back to his camp. He divided and instructed his men. The Midianite camp was so startled that they started killing each other! The people who were left fled to Beth Acacia and the men of Israel gathered and pursued the Midianites. Then Gideon sent messengers throughout the mountains of Ephraim to seize the watering places (the fords). They captured two princes of the Midianites, Oreb and Zeeb and brought their heads to Gideon.
Wow. This is like a movie. 300 men. Very encouraging.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.